Automotive Tier-1 (US & Japan)
- Responsible for coordinating all technical, quality, sales, and channel activities between end user and client
- Work with all major Tier-1 of exhaust, powertrain, and chassis product suppliers to US OEMs to evaluate and specify clients’ products.
- Designed-in client’s laminated bus bar into tier-1 supplier’s electrical distribution system for major EV project currently in production.
- Assist and recommend product reiteration and redesign based on customer feedback
- Provide accurate and timely market information
Portable X-ray Equipment (USA)
- Responsible for pricing, promotion, channel management, for North American market
- Grew sales from zero to $300,000 in 18 months by building a specialized dealer network
- Established strategic alliance with synergistic product manufacturers which lead to new product development
- Lead launch of a disruptive new technology into a mature market
Diagnostic Imaging Consortium (USA)
- Identified a niche market opportunity and brought together 3 companies to design a new product to meet consumer demand worth over $4.5M in annual sales.
- Responsible for U.S. business development for Japanese PACRIM Fortune 150 steel manufacturer’s U.S. subsidiary. Identified strategic industries and key players, determined optimum point of entry contacted, met, and managed relationships to close.
- Authored industry market research and strategy reports.
Measurement Equipment (USA)
- Directed U.S. business development for hybrid U.S. - Japan startup operating in the machine vision and dental marketplaces.
- Created strategic relationship with world’s largest dental products manufacturer an distributor.
- Negotiated development contract with major robotics manufacturer
Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (Japan)
- Reinvigorated distribution channel, set sales targets, provided sales and technical support. Distributor named “Distributor of the Year” 2006 & 2008
- Grew territory from $500K to a peak of $60 million
- Evaluated existing distribution channel and recommended multiple channel strategy.
- Sales through distribution doubled within 18 months.
- Rebuilt and revitalized top connector manufacturer's distribution chain.
- Sales to Japan grew by 37% compared with the same period a year earlier.
- Sample submissions more than doubled.
- In 6 months client began 67 new projects in Japan alone!